Thursday, August 18, 2011

Things That BURN my Biscuit!! # 001

It's a cool, brisk, clear morning and I am, for once, in a great mood....on my way to work. The windows on my Ford Pick-up are down. The AC is on and I'm sipping hot coffee and jamming to Don Henley and The Eagles.

Now this street that I'm driving on has been 3 lanes wide for at least 8 years. No major changes or detours. But why is it that there ALWAYS seems to be a driver who thinks they are better than me and my American made truck. They, like myself, drive this same road 5 days a week heading into work, like myself.

All of a sudden the peaceful morning is SHATTERED because of Carl/Carol Crowder decides they have to be in the same lane I'm in and cut me off.  Well...of course I lock up the brakes. Of course my tires squeal so loudly everyone looks at me like I'M the idiot. And my piping hot coffee ends up all over the dashboard....of course.

With the morning ruined, I can't help but recall what my Uncle Olaf used to tell me when I was just a young buck. He'd say "Bob....Never trust a Crowder." Then he'd whisper softly so my mother would not hear the next piece of advise being given.  "And if ya get the chance....run em down boy...run em down!"

It's at this point in my morning drive that I have a HUGE struggle with not running my built Ford Tough vehicle up their skinny little tail pipe!  (breathe Bob...breathe!)

All I want to know, is why have we become so calloused and non-caring about our fellow man that we crowd, push and shove our way in, around and through the lives of our fellow human beings. Show a little consideration my friends. One of these days you might need some shown to you. Uncle Olaf also said, "Bob...ya reap what you sow boy.  Ya reap what you sow." (Not sure...but I think he read that somewhere. ;-) )

No comments:

Post a Comment